"Good clobberin' are a good time!"
-Ben when in his Spiky Thing form.
Early Life Edit
Ben "Reilly" Grimm was rather a violent but smart kid, often smashing and clobbering things as a child. When he was 3 he already was punching and kicking like a professional and wanted to go to boxing.
Later Life Edit
Later in his life, he almost never got bullied. If he did he would knock them out with 1 or 2 punches. He was a professional boxer, and was a black belt in all forms of martial arts. He was a wrestler, being a professional in that and always won his battles
Spiky Thing Edit
When he was simulating a spaceship to Mars,the spaceship was a trap and he was sent very far from earth. He got mutated from cosmic rays and then when he came back from earth,he got mutated again by going to earth. In result as this he had lumpy orange skin which was harder than Adamantium and after times, the lumpy rock-like skin turned sharp and very dangerous.
Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria Edit
He often liked going to Freddy Fazbear's pizzeria, destroying Mangle and bitch-slapping Freddy around. When he reverts into his human-form he pretends to work there at the day-shift and night-shift and vandalize the animatronics, like gluing them to the stage and spraying whip cream all over them.
Powers and Abilities Edit
Rock-like Skin: The Thing possesses a spiky, rock-like hide as a result of exposure to cosmic rays. The mutagenic process caused his musculature, bone structure, internal organ composition, soft tissue structure, and skin to greatly increase in toughness and density. After being subjected to a serum, he now reverts to human form once a year, which is now the only time he ages
- Superhuman Leaping: The Spiky Thing is able to use his highly developed leg muscles to leap great distances. As the Spiky Thing becomes enraged, his strength increases considerably, which means he can jump farther than usual. The Thing has transposed 1,000 miles with a single leap, and he jumped on top of the Mount Olympus from ground level, in one single leap. On more than one occasion, the Thing has nearly jumped into the Earth's orbit. The Spiky Thing also shows incredible precision with his ability to aim his jumps and landings. He grabbed missiles on multiple occasions and landed on islands barely visible from the height he fell from. The Spiky Thing's super leap has also been measured as reaching 473 mph.
- Superhuman Stamina: The Spiky Thing's body counteracts fatigue poisons that build up in his muscles during physical activity. In an enraged state, the Thing is capable of exerting himself at peak physical capacity for several days before fatigue begins to affect him.However, much like his vast physical strength, the Spiky Thing's stamina does increase as he becomes angrier. The Spiky Thing's stamina has even been described as "almost unlimited".
- Superhuman Speed: Regardless of his size, Thing's superhumanly strong legs allow him to run at speeds that are well beyond the natural physical limits of even the finest human athlete. Thing's speed is so relatively high that, while tunneling underground from Subterranea to California at superhuman speeds, Ryan apprehensively feared that Spiky Thing could fracture the San Andreas fault line in a matter of hours. The Spiky Thing has once spun around like a tornado to get Ryan off him. In a notorious display of speed, the Thing can even surpass an aircraft's speed while on land. The Spiky Thing also possesses immense swimming speeds as well. He has been clocked to be swimming at 80 knots, and has even matched Namor's underwater speed,]even while Namor was moving at speeds enough to create a whirlpool, much to the Atlantean king's surprise. Referring to Thing's formidable speed, Ben pondered that Spiky Thing is able to run at eye-blurring speeds and swim almost fast enough to build propulsion. Thing has been fast enough to capture mortar shells and missiles shot at him. The Thing has also eventually been recognized to be extremely agile proportionally to his size. His reflexes have even been described as "lightning-fast reflexes".
- Superhuman Strength: The Thing's primary superhuman power is his great physical strength. Initially, he was only strong enough to rate as a class 5. Over the years, through rigorous training and further mutation, his strength dramatically increased to the point where he rated as a class 95. (The rating system is only for comparing characters with each other, and should not remotely be taken literally.) His latest rating put him as somewhere between class 95 and exactly class 100+. His feats include successfully holding back a giant alien spacecraft from jettisoning from Earth, lifting an oil rig and stopping a multiple story building (weighing roughly 30,000 tons) from falling over and lifting it back into place. Another feats include holding bridges main cables together for an extended period (which support about 10,000 tons). The most impressive feat was to overpower a pile driver mechanism stated to be powerful enough to push through a planet.
- Superhuman Sensory Adaptation: Though his senses are superhumanly acute, his five senses can withstand greater amounts of sensory stimuli than he could when he was a normal human being, with no reduced sensitivity.
- Reactive Adaptation: There have been several events in the past where Thing has not only faced extended periods of time in oxygen-less outer space without suffocating, but he has also repeatedly spoken in these inhospitable habitats. For example, Thing can harmonize his biological structure with the depths of the ocean. Therefore this suggests that the Hulk could adapt to a wide diversity of inhospitable environments. It is plausible that this ability is enhanced by the Hulk's rage. Accordingly, it has also been stated that the Hulk doesn't always need to breathe.
- Underwater Breathing: The Thing has been on the ocean floor a number of times. The Thing is able to breathe due to his body developing a gland which creates an oxygenated perfluorocarbon emulsion which fills his lungs and equalizes the pressure. He is therefore able to breathe fluid and avoid decompression and nitrogen narcosis.
- Superhuman Durability: As Thing, Ben's superhuman body is much tougher and more resistant to injury than that of an ordinary human. Since Ben' ability to transform into his superhuman form is a recent development, the full limits of his resistance to injury isn't known. His body can also withstand falls from great heights and exposure to temperature extremes without being damaged. He has also demonstrated that his hide is bulletproof as Ryan tried to use a mini-gun from on him but it merely tickles Thing.
- Vast Invulnerability: In addition to immense strength, the Thing's body possesses a high degree of resistance to physical injury. The Spiky Thing has survived tremendous amount of punishment throughout his career. The Thing's skin is impervious to conventional blades, adamantium and vibranium being strictly the few known metals that can effectively pierce and penetrate his skin. Thing was even able to eject Adhesive X from his entire body without any injury. This invulnerability extends to the optic system since bullets, grenade shrapnel Ryan's arrows, and even Valkyrie's enchanted blade Dragonfang did not penetrate nor damage it. The Thing is capable to withstand high caliber bullets, ultra-powerful energy blasts, pressures extremes, falls from orbital heights, maximized heat without blistering, maximized cold without freezing, and also powerful impacts. The Thing has withstood several times the impact of ground zero nuclear explosions,a supernova explosion with a maximum temperature of one million degrees Fahrenheit, and the crushing pressures of 100Gs without suffering damage or harm. In fact, when the Maestro's Dog O' War, a robot claimed to be able to crush adamantium in its jaws in 7.3 seconds, had Thing's exposed neck in its jaws, it was unable to even lacerate his skin before being ripped apart.The Hulk was also able to withstand a planet-devastating impact, a planet-shattering impact at point blank range, the Galaxy Master's planet-destroying strongest attacks, and a mighty blast from Galactus. Hulk even withstood energy calculated as over 100 times the power of Hercules' strongest blows.The Hulk's durability, much like his strength, is fueled by rushes of adrenaline while angry.
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Despite the Thing's high resistance to physical harm, it is possible to cause the Thing injury. However, the Hulk is capable of regenerating damaged or destroyed areas of his body (even his limbs) with much greater speed and efficiency than an ordinary human. In fact the Thing was able to systematically regenerate his internal organs and tissues in some minutes. The Thing also demonstrated his exceptional healing capacity when, during a battle with Vector, all of his skin and most of his muscle mass were extracted from his body. Thing regained his mass and healed within only seconds. Even the Omega-Level biokinetic Elixir's death touch could only retard him temporarily. The Hulk's regenerative factor also enables him to resist to physical transmutations.Additionally, the Thing heals faster and more extensively the madder he gets. For example,Carmilla Black once injected into Thing's body a chemical substance that counteracts his healing factor. Amadeus Cho then caused the Thing to get enraged enough for his immune system to repel the substance. Combined with the Thing's superhuman durability, this makes him extremely difficult to defeat or incapacitate, as noted by Ryan during their second battle.
- Diseases Immunity: The Thing is completely invulnerable to all known Earth-based diseases and viruses, including AIDS.He can operate under intense conditions for extended periods of time due to his body not developing fatigue toxins quickly.
- Immortality: The Thing cannot age. The only way for him to age is by being in his human form. If he's not turned back to human or decides not to turn back to human one day a year as he's able to, The Thing would theoretically never die.
- Strength Increasing Factor: The Thing normally doesn't achieve full strength in the first moments after his transformation. Unless there is a substantial and significant event that breaks Ben's restraints and triggers far superior amounts of adrenaline in his circulatory system.
- Magic: Since the Thing is empowered by dark magic, it is not properly a weakness. However, depending upon his emotional state, his incarnation, and the power magnitude of the magic manipulator, this could be a potential threat. Also, Thing has been shown to be injured more easily by enchanted weapons than regular weapons.
- Human Form: He is HIGHLY vulnerable in his human form.