"Ayy,let's go man,I've been waiting for you all day!"
-Ben talking to Tarantula
It turns out that Ben is actually a clone of someone,but is not known. It is commonly theorized that either he is a clone of Jon or Ryan,but his DNA says otherwise.
Hating Animatronics Edit
He always hated animatronics,for whatever reason. He was specfically aiming at Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. He loved torturing and destroying Bonnie the most,and almost left the other animatronics alone. He went on to call other people to help him torture Bonnie.
- Superhuman Strength: Ben possessed the proportionate strength of a spider, granting him superhuman strength. He was capable of lifting 30 tons or more when under extreme stress. The Scarlet Spider's strength extends into his powerful leg muscles which allows him to leap heights and distances far beyond human capability.
- Superhuman Stamina: Ben is able to exert himself at peak capacity for several hours before fatigue begins to impair his performance.
- Superhuman Durability: The composition of Ben's skeleton, inter-connected tissues, and nervous system had all been enhanced. His bodily tissues were somewhat more durable and resistant to impact or trauma than an ordinary human, although he was certainly not invulnerable. While his body was tougher than an ordinary human, he could still be injured in ways comparable to an ordinary human. However, if injured, his body is capable of repairing itself somewhat faster than an ordinary human is capable of.
- Superhuman Agility: Ben is extraordinarily limber and his tendons and connective tissues were twice as elastic as the average human being's, despite their enhanced strength.
- Spider-Sense: Ben possessed an extrasensory "danger" or "spider" sense which warned him of potential immediate danger by the manifestation of a tingling sensation in the back of his skull, and links with his superhuman kinesthetics, which enabled him to evade most any injuries, unless he cognitively overrode his automatic reflexes. The precise nature of this sense is unknown. It appeared to be a simultaneous clairvoyant response to a wide variety of phenomena (everything from falling safes to speeding bullets to thrown punches), which had given several hundredths of a second warning, which was sufficient time for his reflexes to allow him to avoid injury. The sense also could create a general response on the order of several minutes: he could not discern the nature of the threat by the sensation. He could, however, discern the severity of the danger by the strength of his response to it. Ben's spider-sense was directional and could guide him to or away from hidden weapons and enemies. Ben could also sense and dodge attacks directed randomly or by a computer. Using his spider-sense to time his enhanced reflexes, Ben could casually dodge attacks up to and including automatic-weapons fire, provided there was sufficient distance. His spider-sense was sufficiently well-linked to his reflexes to the point that a threat could trigger them even when Ben was asleep or stunned. His spider-sense had helped him preserve his secret identity since it alerts him to observers or camera when changing into or out of his costume. The spider-sense did react to those who Ben does not consider to be a threat. Ben could choose to ignore his spider-sense. Ben's fighting style incorporates the advantage that his "spider-sense" provides him.
- Radio Frequency Detection: Ben's spider-sense also enables him to track certain radio frequencies, which he has used to his advantage via his Spider-Tracers.
- Contaminant Immunity: Due to his accelerated metabolism, Scarlet Blood has a way higher tolerance for drugs and diseases than normal humans, and he can recover from the effects of larger doses rapidly. During an encounter with the Swarm, Ben was incapacitated by thousands of bee stings, but recovered in less than 2 hours. His resistance and recovery time to other toxins and diseases varies, but is typically significantly higher than normal. Ben's unique physiology even allowed him to recover from the effects of vampirism as stated by Blade, his radioactive blood will kill the enzymes responsable for his transformation and revert him to normal. Ben was able to recover completely from acid being spat into his eyes by the new Vulture although the extent of the damage may have been restricted due to his superhuman durability.
- Superhuman Hearing: Ben's hearing is superhumanly acute and enables him to detect sound at virtually any frequency, and he's been known to detect, sort out, and correctly identify sounds through thick steel doors, and across considerable distances.
- Pheromone Secretion: His metabolism generates certain types of pheromones that can create fear, elicit attraction and/or repulsion on others, depending on unknown factors which might include gender and mood.
- Accelerated Vision: Ben's visual acuity is considerably beyond that of a normal human. Scarlet Blood Spider can see objects at much greater distances, with perfect clarity, relative to an ordinary human. Ben possesses this same level of clarity at night, enabling him to see in near-complete darkness. It is possible that he is able to see into the infra-red end of the electromagnetic spectrum, enabling him to see a person's body heat. the flicker-fusion horizon(the speed at which some objects appear as a blur) in his eyes is superior to other people. What appears as a blur to most people, he can see perfectly. It also acts as a type of early warning, not the degree of a spider-sense but he is able to see attacks coming from far away.
- Venom Blasts: His body possesses an inordinate amount of bio-electricity that he has learned to channel and discharge through his hands, in controlled bursts of what he calls "Venom Blasts". These energy projections vary in power; they mostly affect the nervous system in humans. Scarlet Blood can regulate them from simply a stun to potent enough to kill an average-sized man in the same way that a lightning bolt could kill him.
- Accelerated Decoy: Allows Ben to move so fast that he can leave behind a body double for enemies to attack.
- Superhuman Touch: Ben's sense of touch is so acute that his finger can feel the faint impressions of ink on a printed page allowing him to read by touch, though laminated pages prevent him from touching and thus reading the ink impressions at a much faster pace than a normal person would be able to read. The rest of his skin is equally sensitive, enabling him by concentration to feel minute temperature and pressure changes in the atmosphere around him. Even with his senses of smell and hearing blocked, he can feel the presence of a person standing five feet away from him simply by his or her body heat and disturbance of air. A side effect of his sense of touch is Ben's ability to manipulate his muscles and internal organs. The sense of touch is not just external, but internal too (central nervous system), thereby giving him the ability to have total body control, increasing his strength and reflexes to peak human levels, increasing his agility to enhanced human levels and also giving him the ability to totally numb himself to pain.
- Superhuman Smell: Ben's sense of smell is so acute that he can distinguish between identical twins at twenty feet by minute differences in smell. He can detect odors of an atmospheric concentration of thirty parts per million. Further, his ability to remember smells enables him to identify any person he has spent at least five minutes with by smell alone, no matter how he or she might try to camouflage his or her natural odor. His powers of concentration are such that he can focus upon a single person's smell and follow it through a crowd of people at a distance of fifty feet.
- Talons and Fangs: Ben possesses elongated canine teeth that secrete a paralyzing, though non-toxic, venom. He also possesses short, retractable talons at the tips of his fingers and toes that he uses to dig into surfaced, enabling him to crawl along them as a spider might. The talons are also razor sharp and, coupled with his great strength, are able to rend materials as durable as vibranium.
- Mark Of Kaine: He can channel this same energy endothermically through his hands and leave a severe burn mark on a person by making skin-to-skin contact with them. He typically leaves this mark across a person's face, though it is presumed he can do the same to other parts of the body.
- Sting of Kaine: After his powers were altered on Spider-Island, he had individual bone-like stingers which extended from his forearms. He can also project numerous spines of varying length from his forearms.
- Superhuman Reflexes: Ben reflexes were faster than an average human by about a factor of 100 (he was often able to dodge bullets only inches from hitting him). His practical reaction time was at least a dozen times that of a normal human. In combination with his spider-sense, the speed of his reflexes allowed him to dodge almost any attack, even bullets only centimeters away from his face.
- Superhuman Speed: Ben is capable of running and moving at speeds that are far beyond the natural physical limits of the finest human athlete. Scarlet Spider has showed to be fast enough to catch up to an automobile car while on foot, but prefers to travel by webs.
- Superhuman Equilibrium: Ben possessed the ability to achieve a state of perfect equilibrium in any position imaginable. He seemed able to adjust his position by instinct, which enabled him to balance himself on virtually any object, no matter how small or narrow. He had developed a unique fighting style that made full use of his agility, strength, and equilibrium.
- Wall-Crawling: Ben possessed the ability to mentally control the flux of inter-atomic attraction (electrostatic force) between molecular boundary layers. This overcame the outer electron shell's normal behavior of mutual repulsion with other outer electron shells and permitted the tremendous potential for electron attraction to prevail. The mentally controlled sub-atomic particle responsible for this has yet to be identified. This ability to affect the attraction between surfaces was so far limited to Ben's body (especially concentrated in his hands and feet) and another object, with an upper limit of several tons per finger. His mental control over this ability has been increased to such a degree, he can rip a wall down just by tugging at it hard enough with his palms
- Regenerative Healing Factor: Ben has a healing factor. It is sufficiently powerful enough to recover from severe injuries from broken bones and large amounts of tissue damage in a matter of hours. During a battle with a villain called the Masked Marauder, Ben is rendered completely blind, however after about 2 hours his sight was perfect, albeit sensitive for about 2 minutes afterwards,he is also immune to drugs.
Ben's Black Suit: After Ben removed his suit, his girlfriend, Losey, made him a non-living duplicate, as she thought it was "sexier" than his red and blue suit. While the two suits were used interchangeably initially, the black suit eventually became Ben's primary suit after his red and blue suit was destroyed. The black suit was upgraded for a period of time after Losey was getting attacked in a hospital due to an attempt on Peter's life by Floppy.
Utility Belt: Upon first entering the pizzera, Ben created a utility belt that held extra clips of webbing, Spider-Tracers, and his Spider-Signal. Recently, he upgraded his utility belt to hold cartridges of different types of webbing, freeze capsules, new Spider-Tracers as well as a newly upgraded Spider-Signal that has a UV light setting for forensic analysis.
- Spider-Tracers: Ben uses small electronic "Spider-Tracers" of his own design that allow him to track objects or individuals. Typically, Ben plants or throws one on a departing enemy and follows the target to their hideout. He also uses a launching device in his web-shooters for better range and accuracy. He originally used an electronic receiver to follow the signals of the tracers but later modifies their signal so he can follow it with his spider-sense. He can follow the sifnal within a 1000-yard radius. After he lost his spider-sense for a week. he used Horizon Lab's resources to make new and improved spider-tracers with listening devices, G.P.S. and camouflage. Other modifications include tracers made of anti-metal Antartic Vibranium which melts metals in contact, a cryogenic Spider-Tracer used to freeze Ryan.
- Webshooters: Ben's webshooters were redesigned to use twisting wrist motions as opposed to Kaine's double tap. He also added the following to his arsenal:
- Acid Webbing: After a string of murders lead to Ryan, Ben concocted special webbing laced with Hydrochlouric Acid, which could dissolve and melt flesh and metal,etc very quickly and nicely. Because the webbing looked the same as his original formula, Ben placed it into a green cartridge instead of the usual grey. He has also used this type of webbing as early as his initial encounters with Ryan.
- Magnetic Webbing: The newest variation to his original web-formula with magnetized particles that will interfere with any remote-control frequencies.
- Flame Webbing: Useful against symbiotes, web-shooters eject from their ports highly combustive chemical solvent that burst into flames upon contact with the intended target when entrapped in enough fluid.
- Taser Webbing: Webbing that generates a sort of bio-electric current within semi-liquid substance, used for temporary stunning opponents. It could sucessfully overwhelm and shut down Bonnie with just one shot.
- Metal Webbing: Webbing that is strong as titanium (hence the name) and does not dissolve.
- Impact Webbing: Web pellets that upon impact (hence the name) release tendrils the ensnare the target.
- Stingers: Metal darts with a paralitic element that is used to temporarily incapacitate foes.
- This is Ben's main character (Kaine/Ben)